Star Trek: Generations Naval Costume

This costume has been on my want list for a while. I loved this seen in "Generations' and I have always liked this movie, especially the score, despite its long list of detractors. The opening scene is smart, inventive, and a great way to introduce the Next Gen cast to

When the last one of these costumes came up on the IAW auctions about two years ago, I backed off for my good friend Jim Williams. We didn't know it would be the last one they had, and of course, they may have had more and dumped it all to Martin from Germany in that grand "Let's get out of Star Trek" fiasco that prematurely ended the auctions.

Now, I am easy when it comes to backing off for a friend. The tight-knit community of the Star Trek Prop, Costume & Auction Forum has a group of collectors who always try and help each other out and not bid each other up. I have benefited from that courtesy many times, and always try and do the same. I mean, you don't need EVERYTHING! And Karma plays large in prop & costume collecting.

For a while I really hated not having one of these, as Jim's looked so good on display! But then, the last Romulan costume IAW auctioned came up, and I needed one badly for my DS9 collection, and so Jim backed off for me, so things worked out great.

Well, when my good buddy Giles Aston (you know him as the Picard look-alike) was selling a few items, and sold me his stunt Crusher Naval costume about a month ago. I was thrilled. And it had everything from boots to hat! Of course none of these costumes came with epaulets, which was probably because they were removed when the costumes were dry cleaned and then misplaced.

Of course, the story doesn't end there! Not two weeks later I get a call from Donna Sakaida, one of my favorite people in this hobby. She had just been in our offices comparing her rubber stunt Star Trek VI Assassin's rifle to my Hero (more on that next time) and seen my Naval costume. Well Donna tells me the HERO Crusher and Troi are on eBay and so she and I use BIN and get both of them.


I mean, you wait two years for one, and then you get the stunt AND the hero in under two weeks. How is that for patience paying off. Well, needless to say, I am selling the stunt. Who needs two of these anyway?

Good hunting!

Alec

Comments